With Microsoft SkyDrive you will be able to take your files with you wherever you go – with anytime, anywhere access – through 7 GB of free storage and 24/7, 365 access across all devices. SkyDrive eliminates problems with server downtime and improves communication and sharing with full-time access to files and easy, real-time collaboration on documents and spreadsheets.
Real-time collaboration on the same document
Unlike other cloud-based storage services, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Apple iCloud, SkyDrive offers free access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote in your browser with free Office Web Apps; full-time mobile access across devices and operating systems; real-time collaboration with multiple users on the same document anywhere at any time. You can also share only the documents you choose, while keeping others private.
- 7 GB storage for Windows, Mac, and Web
- Full access to files from iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, and Android Devices
- Seamlessly work in Office with Mac, PC, and Web
- Track document changes and alternate versions
- Real-time collaboration with multiple users on multiple docs
- Allow collaboration on any doc
- Limit access to critical documents
Comparison Chart: SkyDrive vs. Dropbox vs. Google Drive
7 GB (25 GB free as a “loyalty reward” for current users)
2 GB, with additional space for referrals and activities
Extra storage available in 20/50/100 GB increments, at $10/$25/$50 per year, respectively
Free; Pro packages available in tiers of 50/100 GB for $99/$199 per year
Extra storage available in tiers from 25 GB ($30/year) and 100 GB ($60/year) all the way up to 16 TB ($9,600 per year)
Online document editing:
Yes, with Office Web Apps
Yes, with Google Docs
No (photo sharing is through Picasa and Google+)
Windows, iOS, Windows Phone, Mac; Android apps via third parties
Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry
Windows, Mac, Android
View ZDnet’s great comparison information between SkyDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
Get access to Windows productivity tools across all devices
With SkyDrive, your people will have access to all of their favorite Windows Office tools regardless of the device they are using; including Mac and PC. You will have free access to Office Web Apps, an abbreviated version of Office, or you can allow access to your full Office suite of applications through SkyDrive.
Your people will be able to use a PC, Mac, iPhone, or iPad to access traditional Windows apps, such as…
- Across all of their devices
Safe secure online storage for all small business needs
Simply download SkyDrive to your PC or Mac and a desktop SkyDrive folder will be automatically created. From that point forward, any Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, photos, or PowerPoint presentations you place in the folder will be available across all SkyDrive enabled devices; including Mac and Android mobile devices.
- The latest version of any doc is available for any of your devices
- Store over 20,000 Office documents
- Store over 7000 photos
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for secure file storage
- Sophisticated physical and electronic security measures
- Multiple copies of each file saved on different servers and hard drives
- Password protected access to critical data and files