Windproof umbrellas are replacing traditional umbrellas that have been used for a variety of reasons. Umbrellas are used on a rainy day to keep you dry or on a hot sunny day to keep sun out of your face and protect you from harmful UV rays. However, more often than not, rainy days are accompanied with winds that are just strong enough to turn the umbrella inside out. With stronger winds the umbrella could even break leaving you soaked and miserable. If you buy some inexpensive umbrellas you find that it is not too long before you have to buy a new one. This article will describe how new windproof umbrella designs have changed the way we look at umbrellas and 7 reasons why you must insist on buying one instead of less expensive older umbrellas.
Umbrella makers and inventors have been using new materials and designs to build umbrellas that are increasingly wind resistant. A variety of designs to produce windproof umbrellas have been invented and are being used in many of the best windproof umbrellas.
Unlike traditional umbrellas, the best wind proof umbrellas are generally found in specialty stores or on the internet. However, for best quality, choices and best prices it is better to shop for them on the internet. Although availability and variety of windproof umbrellas has increased tremendously, they can be a bit pricey, compared to regular umbrellas. Here are the seven reasons why you need and must choose one over traditional umbrellas.
1. The new windproof umbrellas currently in the market do more than just protect you during wind and rain. They may also be used to provide shade on a hot sunny day. Not only do the wind resistant umbrellas protect you from the rays of the sun, they also provide a cool shade on hot days.
2. Unlike traditional umbrellas with wood or plastic handles, low quality steel spokes or plastic frames, some of these umbrellas are made from latest reinforced fiberglass materials designed to withstand high wind forces. They don’t easily break. They are very durable with strong unyielding frames and at the same time are lighter.
3. These windproof umbrellas are made of light weight but much stronger canopies made of specialized synthetic material coated with water repellant material. At the same time they can the let air to circulate through.
4. These umbrellas are strong because of their construction materials. But to make them windproof, a number of innovative and patented designs have been created. In one instance they are wind vented so that blowing wind can pass through rather than blow away or invert the umbrella eventually breaking it. Another invention from Gustbuster is rain-drop shaped wind release vents. Then there is Double Canopy Patented Windbrella Vented Mesh System and wind proof design and alternate panel wind vented system from Has-Jordan. These umbrellas are expected to withstand strong and gusting winds. Some can withstand 55 Miles per hour of winds or more as tested in the wind tunnel. They are much less likely to get inverted inside out. In the event they do, they are designed to be closed and reopened with a push of a button.
5. Because of their durability and wind resistance they will last much longer than regular umbrellas. In the long run they save a lot of money, in spite of being more expensive than regular ones, because you won’t need to buy them as frequently as the regular ones that give in to even modest windy conditions. These umbrellas provide a tremendous value for the money.
6. These new windproof umbrellas come in all popular sizes from minis to large 68″ golf umbrellas. They come in folding designs and with push button opening feature. There are many different types, shapes, and sizes of windproof umbrellas that can be used for individual personal use, or may be used in golf courses and outside on a patio providing comfort and shade while sitting on your patio.
7. Finally these umbrellas come in a variety of beautiful patterns and colors. So much so they can safely be called fashion umbrellas. Now you can go out in style in rain or shine; in calm or windy conditions. In style that coordinates with your outfit and accessories. And for businesses there are a variety of custom imprinted promotional umbrellas with same windproof features.
In order to get a good value for your windproof umbrella, do your research online. Learn about different manufacturers, designs and prices. With a little bit of effort you can find a reputable store online with good products at good prices and with excellent customer service. Do not hesitate to call or ask questions before buying.